Pedro Yunes was born in Quito, Ecuador and relocated with his family at the age of 5 to Virginia. Eventually making his way to Sunny South Florida at age of 8. Through his experiences as an athlete he found a passion for learning more about the human body and its mechanisms in correlation with sports. His passion led him to pursue studies at nearby Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida.
Pedro is the Director of Sports Science at Futbol Marketing Group (FMG).
- Attended Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida. Pedro graduated with a Bachelor’s in Science, Majoring in Exercise Science & Health Promotion. Pedro also received a Minor in Psychology concentrated in Cognitive Function & Development.
- During the 2016 Spring and Fall season, Pedro served as the Miami FC (NASL) Sports Scientist under Italy’s finest, Head Coach Alessandro Nesta. The team was crowned Spring and Fall season champions.
- Previously, Pedro interned at Bommarito’s Performance Systems in Davie, Florida. He worked closely with some of the NFL’s most respected names such as Jon Beason, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, TY Hilton, Dante Stallworth and Plaxico Burress. He also worked with MLB names such as Hanley Ramirez, Raul Iglesias and Carlos Santana.
- Prior to that, Pedro was the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers under Head Coach Marcelo Neveloff. Prior to that, Pedro worked as an Assistant Coach with Florida Atlantic University Men’s soccer team under Head Coach Kos Donev.
- As a Head Coach, Pedro has won 2 APSL championships with Boca Raton FC and earned a US open cup spot.
- At FMG, Pedro assesses each of our clients’ athletic needs and wants. Through his scientific approach, Pedro looks for any imbalances and then looks to maximizes through individual strength and conditioning workouts. Pedro works 1 on 1 with our athletes during preseason and during the season to stay ahead of the competition. Pedro’s method of proven science techniques gives our athletes the ability to achieve their max level of athleticism in correlation to their sport.
- During Pedro’s free time, he gets actively involved in the youth soccer community and gives offseason training to young adults who want to continue to grow and get better.